Dehli style Haleem/Daleem. Haleem is made of wheat, barley, meat: usually minced beef or mutton; goat meat; or Lamb and mutton; or chicken, lentils and spices. This dish is slow cooked for seven to eight hours, which results in a paste-like consistency, blending the flavors of spices, meat, barley and wheat. This Pakistani-style Haleem (or Daleem) recipe is the real deal – authentic, full of classic flavor, the perfect consistency…yet easy to achieve.
Although the dish varies from region to region, Shahi Haleem recipe always includes wheat or barley, Meat, and sometimes lentils. Daleem is cooked occasionally in the month of Moharram in bulk quantity. However people also make it at home in their small cooking pots. You can cook Dehli style Haleem/Daleem using 28 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dehli style Haleem/Daleem
- It’s 1 of mug mash dal.
- It’s 2 of mugs chanadal.
- Prepare Half of cup moong dal.
- Prepare Half of cup masoor dal.
- It’s 2 of mugs saboot gandum.
- You need 1 kg of beef meat.
- It’s 1 tbsp of haldi.
- You need 4 tsp of garam masala powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of chaat masala.
- You need 2 cups of oil for tarka.
- It’s of For meat:.
- Prepare 20 of gol lal mirch.
- You need 2 of potli lehsan.
- You need 1 of big size adrak.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of saboot dhanya.
- It’s 2 tbsp of zeera.
- Prepare of Salt as req.
- Prepare Half of cup oil.
- You need 2 of big sizs pyaz.
- You need 3 cups of pani.
- Prepare of For other ingre:.
- Prepare Half of bunch hara dhanya chopped.
- Prepare Half of bunch podina chopped.
- Prepare of Brown pyaz(4 cups oil for frying).
- Prepare of Jullien cut adrak.
- You need Slice of cut green chillies.
- It’s of Chaat masala.
- You need of Lemons.
Haleem is a very popular dish in Karachi and it is usually cooked in large quantities. Reason being that it is quite a tedious job to cook the Haleem since you have to keep mixing it (Ghoto) so that it is blended well. You can eat it with warm Naans, Chapatis or even eat it plain. It is a very moreish dish and you can keep on eating it.
Dehli style Haleem/Daleem step by step
- Subse phele sub daloon ko ache se saaf kar ke alag alag wash kar ke soak kar dein 4 hours.gandum b saaf kar ke 1 soak kar dein..
- Ek big size pot me pani dalien ziada sara r haldi r garam masala dal k boil anay dein.kabi b thande pani me dal add na karen.boil ajaye to soak ki hui dalien r gandum add kar dein r halki flame pe 4 hours cook hone dein r phir ghotne se daalon ko ghot lein.gosht k liye sub ingre ko siwaye oil r gosht k mota mota pees lein r ek pateeli me oil dal k us masalay ko khoob bhonay k us ka kachapan khatam ho phir gosht dal k bhon k pani add karen r gosht ko done kar lein.phir ghotne se mash kar lein..
- Ready hui daloon me salt r resha hua gosht add karen r 3 hours cook karen.beech beech me har thori dair baad ghotna chalati rahen ya chamach se mix karti rahen warna haleem neeche lag jayega..jab thick hojaye r colour payara sa ajaye to ready hai..
- 6 pyaz ko slice cut kar ke acha sa crispy brown kar lein r nikal lein.isi oil me se 2 cups oil nikal ke haleem pe garam garam tarka lagayen..
- Ready hojaye to haleem ke lawazmat ke sath garam garam serve karen.mazedar reshaydar haleem enjoy karen..
Looking out for quick and easy Haleem Daleem Recipe, then this recipe is for you. My Everyday Haleem Recipe is Cheat's Way of making Haleem anytime. This is my second guest post in a row in this month. The floods in Chennai has left me with no mood to work on anything.