Super-tender beef meatballs. Add in garlic and sauté for one minute. Mix up meatballs: Add onion and garlic to the bowl with the bread along with the ground beef, pork, cheese, eggs, parsley, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Combine the mixture using your hands just until combined.
In a large pot, bring sauce to a boil. Serve over pasta, or on hoagie buns for meatball subs. Super moist beef meatballs step by step. You can cook Super-tender beef meatballs using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Super-tender beef meatballs
- You need 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- You need Handful of (about 6 medium) white button mushrooms, chopped.
- It’s 400 g of lean ground beef.
- You need 1 tbsp of fennel seeds.
- You need of Panko breadcrumbs.
Blend tofu with garlic, ginger and a cup of wine to make a thin paste. Pour the mixture into a mixing bowl. Tamari sauce and fish sauce shall be cut in half if you want to enjoy the meatball alone. I make these balls for soup so it has to be saltier.
Super-tender beef meatballs instructions
- Put the onions, garlic, and mushrooms in a food processor with a good pinch of salt. Pulse repeatedly until you get something resembling pâté. Empty the contents into a mixing bowl..
- Add the meat and fennel seeds to the bowl, along with a few pinches of salt and several grinds of black pepper. Don't mix yet..
- Sprinkle in about a half cup of panko breadcrumbs and stir by hand just enough to test the wetness of the mixture. Odds are it'll still be wet, so keep adding/mixing in panko until you reach the right firmness. The final mix should still be slightly wet but not tacky. It should also form easily into a ball that's springy to the touch. Handling as little as possible, make your meatballs. You should end up with about nine in total. Put the meatballs in the fridge for 30 minutes to rest..
- Cook the meatballs either by baking them in the oven or, my preferred method, braising them in a nice, chunky marinara. For the latter, fry the meatballs first in a pan with some olive oil until they're nice and brown all over. Then, sink them into a pan of simmering marinara and let them soak for about 15 to 20 minutes until they read an internal temperature of 165 F. Sprinkle on a little grated parmesan and you're done..
In my testing of the best Swedish meatballs, I played with the beef-to-pork ratio quite a bit, since I was aiming for a very particular springy texture, the result of heavily mixed meat. Soak the bread in a bowl of warm water. Squeeze out the water from the bread and mix together the bread with all the other ingredients in a bowl. Drop the meatballs, as they are formed, directly into the sauce. Serve meatballs with sauce and grated Parmesan cheese.