Fresh Mixed Berry Pie. For filling, in a large saucepan, whisk sugar, cornstarch, salt, water and, if desired, cinnamon until smooth; add blueberries. Gently fold raspberries, strawberries, blackberries and lemon juice into blueberry mixture. A mixed berry pie recipe is a must for your pie recipe box, right?
Add berries and lemon juice; toss gently. Combine the berries with the sugar, thickener, cinnamon, and lemon juice, stirring to thoroughly combine. Spoon the berries into the crust. You can cook Fresh Mixed Berry Pie using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fresh Mixed Berry Pie
- It’s 1 package of pre-made refrigerated pie crusts (2).
- You need 1 of egg white, beaten.
- Prepare of Filling.
- It’s 3/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of cornstarch.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 2 cups of fresh blueberries.
- Prepare 2 cups of fresh raspberries.
- You need 1 cup of fresh blackberries.
- You need 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of butter.
Bring the crust up and over the berries around the outside. How to make mixed berry pie: You start by preparing your pie crust. So in a large bowl, whisk together some flour and salt. Make a well in the center.
Fresh Mixed Berry Pie step by step
- Heat oven to 425 degrees..
- Lightly spray a 9-inch pie plate with baking spray..
- Unroll pastry in pie plate, crimp edges, and brush dough with beat egg whites. Refrigerate about 15 minutes. Reserve remaining egg whites..
- Rinse blueberries, raspberries and blackberries and place on paper towels to drain. Pick through for any stems..
- Sift together sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon in a small bowl..
- In a large bowl, place rinsed and drained berries. Sprinkle with lemon juice.Add sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon mixture. Gently stir together until all of the berries are coated..
- Spoon berry mixture into pastry-lined pie plate. Cut butter into small pieces; sprinkle over berry mixture..
- Roll second round of pastry. Brush pastry with remaining egg whites. Cut into strips 1/2 to 1 inch wide. (Use a pastry wheel for decorative strips.).
- Place 5 to 7 strips across filling in pie plate. Weave a cross-strip through center by first folding back every other strip going the other way. Continue weaving until lattice is complete, folding back alternate strips each time cross-strip is added. Trim ends of strips. Fold trimmed edge of bottom pastry over ends of strips..
- Place pie plate on cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil, and reduce oven temperature to 400 degrees..
- Check pie after 30 minutes and cover lattice top with aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning..
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until crust is golden brown and juice begins to bubble through lattice crust..
Add in the milk and vegetable oil. Then transfer the dough onto a sheet of wax paper. Gently knead it into a ball and divide into two parts. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the sugar and cornstarch. Add the strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries; gently toss until berries are coated.