Steak and mushroom pot pie. How to make steak and mushroom pot pie? Make the filling: Dust the beef with flour then brown in a large pot set over medium-heat. Do this in batches to avoid over-crowding the pan.
This meal is sure to be a hit! Steak and Mushroom Pot Pie Recipe. Steak and Mushroom Pot Pie; Steak and Mushroom Pot Pie. You can cook Steak and mushroom pot pie using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Steak and mushroom pot pie
- You need 6 of baby potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 1 cm chunks.
- Prepare 1 pkg of (about 227 g) pearl button mushrooms, halved.
- It’s 650 g of sirloin steak (try to find one about 2 cm thick).
- Prepare 2 of carrots, peeled and chopped into 1 cm chunks.
- You need 2 of celery sticks, cut into 1 cm chunks.
- You need 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of beef stock.
- You need 2 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Dijon mustard.
- Prepare 2 tsp of cornstarch.
- It’s 1/2 cup of frozen sweet peas.
- Prepare 1 pkg of ready-made puff pastry.
- It’s 1 of large egg.
Baked Steak Dinner Join Jess in the Rada Kitchen to learn how to make this Steak and Mushroom Pot Pie for an incredible meal you'll never forget! A flaky pastry crust, juicy steak, buttery potatoes, and succulent mushrooms make this a wonderful dinner the whole family will love. Heat the butter in a well-seasoned fry pan. Saute the steak cubes until lightly browned.
Steak and mushroom pot pie instructions
- Add a splash of veg oil to a large pan on medium-high heat. Throw in the potatoes and fry them for 5 minutes until they're caramelized and half-cooked. Remove the potatoes to a plate and set aside..
- Throw the mushrooms into the pan. Also fry them for 5 minutes, then remove them to the same plate as the potatoes..
- Season your steak with salt and pepper and lay it into the pan. Sear it to no more than medium-rare, or better yet, just under. Remove the steak to a plate to rest..
- Add the carrots and celery to the pan. Fry them for 5 minutes (surprise!) until they're slightly softened and have taken on a bit of colour..
- Return the potatoes and mushrooms to the pan and stir in the balsamic vinegar. Season with a good pinch of salt and several grinds of black pepper. Let everything cook and mingle for 1 minute, then pour in the beef stock. Add the Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Carve the steak into bite-sized chunks and return it to the pan along with any juices. Simmer for 1 or 2 minutes..
- Make a slurry by mixing the cornstarch with a few tbsp cold water. Whisk that into the pan and let the sauce thicken. It should take less than a minute. Simmer a final 2 minutes, then take the pan off the heat. Finish by stirring in the frozen peas. The residual heat will defrost them. Let the filling cool to room temperature..
- Pour the filling and sauce into a deep baking dish. Drape the puff pastry over it. You want about 1 cm of pastry overlapping the edges of the dish. If you have to, roll the pastry out to make it larger. Use your fingers to tuck the pastry edges back into the dish to make a little ridged crust. Don't worry if it's not perfect (remember, ugly is beautiful). Cut small slits in the pastry to allow steam to vent..
- In a small bowl, beat the egg with a tbsp water. Brush the egg wash onto the pastry. Bake the pie in a 400 F oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the crust is puffed and golden. Serve hot..
Add the mushrooms to pan and season salt and pepper;' saute until. Ingredients In Steak And Mushroom Pie. Flour – You have to dredge the beef through flour to brown it in a skillet, an important step flavor wise! Olive oil – To brown up our beef in the Instant Pot. Veggies – Carrots, celery, and mushrooms.