Potato & Ramp Soup. Wild potato species, originating in modern-day Peru, can be found throughout the Americas, from Canada to southern Chile. The potato was originally believed to have been domesticated by Native Americans. Brush Up on Your Potato Knowledge Red Potato Recipes.
Twice Baked Potatoes. a bowl of chunky potato salad made with white potatoes and garnished with chopped parsley. The fleshy part of the root (potato) is commonly eaten as a vegetable. Potato is also used to make medicine. You can cook Potato & Ramp Soup using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Potato & Ramp Soup
- You need 6-8 of fresh ramps.
- Prepare 4 of large russet potatoes.
- It’s 16 oz of heavy cream.
- It’s 32 oz of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1/3 stick of unsalted butter.
- You need of Shredded Parmesan cheese.
People use potatoes for diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure. Filled with bacon bits, grated Cheddar and green onions, Ree's hearty potatoes are a real crowd-pleaser. Meal prep tip: After filling the potatoes, cover and let sit in the. Potato chips, tater tots, and hash browns are also usually deep-fried in oil.
Potato & Ramp Soup instructions
- Prep: Cut the ramps into where it starts to split into green leaves. Cut the root off the bottom end, and wash bottoms and tops. Dry the tops well, set aside. Peel the potatoes, and cut them into 1 inch pieces. It doesn’t have to be neat. Trust me:) set aside.
- In a deep sauce pan, over medium-low heat add butter & ramp bottoms. Sauté until the bottoms soften, then add a pinch of kosher salt, pepper, and ramp tops. Continue to cook, stirring often..
- When the ramp tops have cooked down, add chicken stock & potato, reduce the stock on a medium heat. (Approximately 15-20 minutes)..
- When stock reduces, add heavy cream, and reduce more. Lower heat setting just a bit. This reduction is finished when the soup reaches a creamy, rich thickness. Pull from heat, let cool for 15-20 minutes..
- After soup cools, blend the soup to a creamy consistency, reheat. Salt and pepper to taste at this point. Be careful, don’t over salt!!!.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese, serve, and enjoy:).
Roasting, boiling, and baking are healthier options and can make delicious side dishes and mouth watering snacks. If there is a threat of frost at night, temporarily cover any sprouted. Potatoes are an excellent source of many vitamins and minerals. A perennial plant in the nightshade family that was first cultivated in South America and is widely grown for its starchy edible. Creamy potato soup is an easy meal to make and even easier to freeze and store so you can have hearty soup anytime you want.