Homestyle Green Beans. Heat a saucepan over medium heat, and add the bacon pieces. Fry for a few minutes, then add the onions. Pour in the green beans, and crumble in the bouillon cube.
This is hands down my favorite way to eat green beans, and nothing beats using fresh. Unless using your pressure cooker, cooking fresh green beans this way takes quite some time, but is still super easy. Additionally, this may seem like a lot of salt, but. You can cook Homestyle Green Beans using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Homestyle Green Beans
- Prepare 2 lbs of fresh green beans.
- You need 1 of large yellow onion.
- Prepare 4 cups of water.
- You need 2 tsp of hickory liquid smoke.
- You need 1 1/2-2 tsp of salt (depending on personal taste).
You can't beat old-fashioned green beans for a simple side dish that suits the whole family. Place beans in a Dutch oven; add water and salt. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat; stir in sugar and. Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
Homestyle Green Beans instructions
- Wash green beans. Trim both ends and cut all in half, you can do this in bunches. BUT: If you wanna go old school put them in a bowl, grab a couple empty bowls and snap those beans by hand, putting the ends in one bowl and snapped beans in the other..
- Trim onion ends, remove skin, halve pole to pole, then cut each half into thirds from pole to pole..
- Place green beans in a 2 quart pot. Add water, salt, and liquid smoke. Stir to combine. Lay onion sections on top. The water won't cover everything and that's okay..
- Place lid on pot. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to medium/medium-low and cook covered at a hard simmer until very tender, generally 1.5 – 2 hrs. Stir occasionally..
In a large saucepan, bring water to a rolling boil and add salt, pepper and bacon. Add trimmed green beans to pot. Learn how to cook great Easy homestyle green beans. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Easy homestyle green beans recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Get one of our Easy homestyle green beans recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends.