Bria's apple bacon meatloaf. I have never liked meatloaf so I had never made it before. A few years ago I asked my husband what he wanted me to make for dinner on his birthday. He asked for meatloaf and told me to make it any way I wanted to.
Line the bottom of each loaf pan with bread slices. (This will soak up any grease from the cooking meatloaf.) Apple Bacon Meatloaf. Be the first to review this recipe. Separate and put into loaf pans. You can have Bria's apple bacon meatloaf using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bria's apple bacon meatloaf
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of Ground Beef.
- It’s 1/2 lb of ground venison or sausage.
- Prepare 2 cup of bread crumbs.
- It’s 2 tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 2 1/2 tsp of McCormick misquette streak seasoning.
- You need 1 tbsp of liquid smoke.
- You need 2 tbsp of your favorite steak sauce. I use McCormick smokey montreal.
- You need of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 5 piece of thick sliced baccon. use more as needed to cover top.
- It’s 4 of baking apples.
- You need 1 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 6 piece of cold butter. cut slices about 1/4 inch thick.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare of cinnamon.
Mix the rest of the apple butter and barbecue sauce to make glaze. Spread over top of meatloaf mixture. Seasoned it with a BBQ Rub and then wrapped in bacon. Placed meatloaf in a skillet with grill lines across the bottom.
Bria's apple bacon meatloaf step by step
- Add ground meat, bread crumbs, garlic, egg, onion, liquid smoke, steak seasoning, salt and pepper. Mix well. Hands work best..
- Transfer mixture to a loaf pan. Top with bacon. *Note: It's okay if bacon hangs over the sides a little. It will shrink while cooking..
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Then take it out and drain grease. Put I back in oven for 20 more minutes..
- Wile meatloaf is baking. Peel and quarter 4-6 baking apples..
- Place in small baking dish an cover with brown sugar, top with butter and sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes..
- Serve meatloaf topped with baked apples and sauce..
Combine ground beef, ground sausage, crushed crackers, ketchup, onion, eggs, onion powder, and garlic powder in a large bowl until mixed thoroughly, using your hands for best results. Form mixture into a loaf shape. Weave strips of bacon into a basket weave pattern. In a large bowl, combine the apple, bread crumbs, egg, ketchup, mustard, salt, pepper and allspice. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.