Beef Rolls with Ramps and Potatoes. Great recipe for Beef Rolls with Ramps and Potatoes. I had a lot of ramps, so I tried making something with them to use up some beef I had in the house. It's deeply flavored, so it goes well with rice.
Place the beef, onion, and green bell pepper in a skillet over medium heat. Season with salt and black pepper. Cook until beef is evenly brown and onion is tender. You can have Beef Rolls with Ramps and Potatoes using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef Rolls with Ramps and Potatoes
- It’s 500 grams of Thinly sliced beef.
- Prepare 3 of bunches Ramps (or alpine leek).
- You need 1 of Potato (small).
- You need 30 ml of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 30 ml of Mirin.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Sugar (I recommend raw cane sugar).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Sake.
- You need 1 of Salt and pepper.
How to Cook Scalloped Beef and Potato Roll. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and add the ground beef. Broke it into pieces and season with salt, pepper, onion flakes, and garlic powder. Cook and occasionally stir until the meat browns.
Beef Rolls with Ramps and Potatoes instructions
- Prepare the ramps. Please seefor tips..
- Cut the ramps in half. Thinly slice the potatoes and rinse in water..
- Roll up the meat. This time, I made a version with ramps another with potatoes..
- You'll be pouring the sauce on top, so try to get them all into a single large frying pan if you can..
- Arrange the rolls in a frying pan with the seam sides down, then cook over medium heat while rolling them around. Season with salt and pepper to taste..
- Combine the soy sauce, mirin, sake, and sugar and mix until evenly combined..
- Cook slowly for about 10 minutes until browned. Add the sauce from Step 5, then turn the heat up a little..
- Top with some foil with a hole in the center and simmer the sauce. Coat the rolls while turning..
- And they're done. If you like them shiny, add about 1 tablespoon of mirin and cook a little longer..
Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Heat the drippings, add the onion and garlic and sauté until the onion is transparent. Remove to mixing bowl and add the ground beef. Soften the bread in water, press out the excess water and add bread to the meat. Add the salt, oregano and pepper.