Mustard Greens Batch 3. No bacon so don't panic just carry on! Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook until. Place the mustard greens in the skillet, right on top of the browned meat and the tender onions.
Chicken broth could be added instead of water. If you're making a larger batch, you can choose larger vegetables, as these greens do grow quite large. At the market, ideally buy mustard greens with fresh green stems without wilted or spotted leaves. You can have Mustard Greens Batch 3 using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mustard Greens Batch 3
- It’s 2 pound of fresh mustard greens.
- You need 1-1/2 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 1-1/2 tablespoons of liquid smoke.
- It’s 1-1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- You need 1/3 cup of honey.
Add smoked turkey bone to the pot with chicken broth or water. Add mustard greens in small batches, stirring to mix the greens with the seasonings. As the greens cook down and reduce in volume, add additional batches of greens until all are added. Cover tightly with a lid and adjust heat — increasing slightly — until greens come to a gentle boil.
Mustard Greens Batch 3 step by step
- Wash you greens very well these came straight from the farm freshly cut. Roll them up and slice across the roll. Heat the broth, liquid smoke, and half the salt. Bring to a boil..
- Add the greens. Slowly let them wilt stirring the greens till all are wilted..
- Add the rest of the salt, and all the honey. Simmer till the desired tenderness. Serve I hope you enjoy!!.
Stir in the garam masala and season with salt and pepper. Scrape the greens into a medium bowl and let. Despite its bite, Chinese mustard greens (gai choy) is one of the prettiest greens. Gai choy is often sold pre-bagged so dive in to select a bag of perky looking vegetables. Mustard greens are peppery-tasting greens that come from the mustard plant.