Sweet Bourbon Barbecue Sauce. Reserva Logis Hotel Le Bourbon, Pau. This tomato-based sauce has a sweet yet tangy flavor from the bourbon. This is a great barbecue sauce for just about anything but is particularly good on beef, poultry, and pork.
It's perfectly sweet, a little smoky, and generously flavored with bourbon. Stock your pantry with this delicious and easy BBQ sauce. Sweet & Tangy Bourbon BBQ Sauce features tangy tomato, vinegar, mustard and barrel aged bourbon whiskey. You can cook Sweet Bourbon Barbecue Sauce using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet Bourbon Barbecue Sauce
- You need 1 1/2 cup of bourbon.
- Prepare 1 of shallot.
- It’s 3 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1 cup of ketchup.
- Prepare 4 oz of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of honey.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of liquid smoke.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
With a splash of liquid gold straight from the Bluegrass State, our Sweet Kentucky Bourbon is a warm, savory take on traditional southern barbecue. It's the perfect pairing of sauce and spirits. How To Make Bourbon Barbecue Sauce. The easy homemade bourbon barbecue sauce starts with onion and garlic sautéed in a bit of oil.
Sweet Bourbon Barbecue Sauce instructions
- Simmer 1 cup bourbon in a pot for 5 minutes until reduced by about half..
- Dice shallot and garlic and add to pot, simmering for 10 minutes.
- Combine remaining ingredients and add to pot, simmering for 20 minutes..
- Check salt levels, cool and refrigerate a few hours before serving to allow flavors to fully meld..
Then, the remaining ingredients — ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, salt, pepper, chili powder, and, of course, bourbon — are added. In a large skillet over medium heat, combine the onion, garlic, and whiskey. Mix in the ground black pepper, salt, ketchup, tomato paste, vinegar, liquid smoke, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, and hot pepper sauce. To begin making this Kentucky BBQ sauce, warm the oil over medium heat and add the garlic, chili power, cumin, and black pepper. Pop all of these ingredients in a medium sauce pan and stir until combined.