Sausage and egg biscuit casserole. Spread cut biscuits in the bottom of the greased casserole dish. Cook breakfast sausage according to package directions. Cut into bite sized pieces and spread over top of biscuits.
In a large bowl whisk together eggs, milk, dry mustard, salt, and pepper. Pour egg mixture over layers in dish. Using the back of a spoon, gently press down on layers. You can cook Sausage and egg biscuit casserole using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sausage and egg biscuit casserole
- Prepare 1 of pound of sausage..
- You need 2 of cans of biscuits, I used 7 ounce cans.
- You need 1 of dozen of eggs.
- Prepare 2 of cups shredded cheese, or your favorite cheese. I used mozzarella.
- Prepare 1 of salt/pepper.
- You need 1 of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 of This recipe is a great basic starter. Add what you please, mushrooms, onions, green peppers. I have picky eaters so I can't add anything else. We eat this with ketchup, and hot sauce.
- It’s tbsp of butter.
Brown sausage on the stove top and drain. Spread over the cut up biscuits. Beat eggs and add milk, salt, and pepper to them and pour over sausage and biscuits. Sprinkle both shredded cheeses over the top.
Sausage and egg biscuit casserole step by step
- Preheat oven to 425°F Start by browning 1 pound of sausage and chop. I also added some onion powder for more taste.
- Butter a 9×13 baking dish. Cut biscuits in quarters. I use a pizza cutter. Put biscuits in bottom of baking dish..
- When sausage is done. Scramble up a dozen of eggs in a bowl, add 1/2 cup of milk, salt and pepper. Then add 1 cup of shredded cheese , then add the sausage and stir..
- Pour the egg mixture over the biscuits. Then add 1 cup of shredded cheese..
- Bake at 425 for 20-30 minutes. Check after 20 minutes. Cook time varies..
Sausage Egg Cheese Biscuit Casserole is the ultimate breakfast! Crumbled sausage, eggs, shredded cheese, canned biscuits and country gravy! This breakfast casserole is incredibly easy to put together and can be made the night before to pop into the oven the next morning. Replace the biscuits with halved croissants, cubed good quality bread (brioche, challah, Italian), or lightly toasted English muffins. Use shredded sharp cheddar cheese or smoked cheddar instead of the Mexican blend.