Jersey Summer Corn & Tomato Soup. Ahh, yet another summer staple: NJ corn! I don't know about you but nothing says summer quite like some corn on the cob. I never really thought too much about corn's versatility, but with the abundance of it this summer, I've been trying to vary how we eat it.
A bit of fiery chile enhances the corn's sweetness Sweet Corn begins appearing at roadside farm stands in New Jersey in late June. Sweet corn needs a fertile, well-drained, moist soil. New Jersey's clay loam is ideal for sweet corn. You can cook Jersey Summer Corn & Tomato Soup using 11 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Jersey Summer Corn & Tomato Soup
- You need 4 of eats of corn- cooked.
- You need 1/3 cup of red onions- diced.
- It’s 1 of carrot- diced.
- Prepare 1/4 of red bell pepper- diced.
- You need 1 TBsp of jalapeño- diced.
- It’s 16 oz of tomatoes- broiled with 1/2 tsp liquid smoke.
- It’s 4 3/4 cup of veggie stock.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1/4 tsp of smoked paprika.
- You need 1 1/2 TBsp of lime juice.
- Prepare 1 TBsp of hot sauce.
Sweet corn ready to pick when the kernels are full and “milky” and the ear silks are drying and browning. The milky white kernels are fresh and juicy on a summer day. Jersey Corn season starts around July first and continues well into September. What Makes Jersey Corn So Good?
Jersey Summer Corn & Tomato Soup instructions
- Sauté veggies until tender in a tsp oil. Add everything else. Bring to s boil then simmer for 30-40 minutes. Remove about 1 cup and pulse until smooth then return to soup..
Sweet corn grown in the New Jersey summers is unlike any other. The state's fertile clay soil is ideal. The iconic Jersey Corn is a hybrid variety known as silver queen. The only thing better and tastier than Jersey tomatoes is Jersey corn…arriving in our farm stand in early July, possibly ready for Independence Day barbeques. Boil it, microwave it, grill it, chill it, add it to your favorite recipes…hot or cold.