Spinach and mushroom egg white omelette. Beat egg and egg whites in a small bowl. Mix in Parmesan cheese, Cheddar cheese, salt, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, nutmeg, and pepper. Place spinach in skillet and cook until just wilted.
Add spinach; cook and stir until spinach is wilted. Our Cedarlane Spinach and Mushroom Egg White Omelette is made with a low-cholesterol egg-white omelette wrapped around a delicious filling of spinach, mushrooms, mozzarella and feta cheeses. Quick to heat, gluten free, low glycemic, and great tasting. You can have Spinach and mushroom egg white omelette using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spinach and mushroom egg white omelette
- Prepare 3 of egg whites.
- It’s of As many slivered onions as you like.
- It’s 1 of medium to large size mushroom.
- Prepare to taste of salt, pepper, and garlic to taste.
- You need 10 leaves of baby spinach.
- It’s of Olive oil.
Cook until spinach wilts and remove from pan. When full cooked add cooked veggies and fold in half. Melt the butter over medium heat; then add the mushrooms and cook until softened. Next, add the spinach and once it wilts, add the egg whites and cheese.
Spinach and mushroom egg white omelette step by step
- Saute slivered onions and sliced mushrooms in about 1/2 tablespoon olive oil until onions are translucent. Add spinach in the last minute or two of cooking. Salt, pepper, and garlic powder as desired..
- Separate the eggs or use the whites in a container..
- Beat the whites until they're just a little frothy. This will make your omelette a little more fluffy..
- With the pan you'll use set on medium-low and barely hot, use pan coating to keep the omelette from sticking (a hot pan scorches eggs and makes them scabby) pour your egg whites in, salt and pepper as you like. When it firms up, add your filling on one side, fold the other side over and slide onto your plate :-).
- Cheese, hot sauce or whatever toppings you like may be added…..
Add back the mushrooms, onions and spinach in the middle of the omelet and fold both sides into the middle. Let the omelet cook a minute and then slide it onto plate. Use a large spatula to gently flip the egg whites over (this omelette spatula from OXO is perfect for omelet lovers). Place spinach on one half and sauteed mushrooms and bacon on the other half. Use a spatula to fold omelet in half, being careful not to deflate your fluffy eggs.