Pole Beans with New Potatoes. Peel the potatoes or cut them in half. Put the beans in the bottom of a heavy saucepan. Add the potatoes, ham hock, and water.
Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a simmer. Once simmering, reduce heat to low and cover saucepan. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over vegetables. You can have Pole Beans with New Potatoes using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pole Beans with New Potatoes
- Prepare 3/4 pound of small red potatoes 4.
- It’s 3/4 pound of small white potatoes.
- Prepare 2 pounds of pole beans.
- Prepare 12 ounces of sliced smoked bacon.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Pink Himalayan salt.
- It’s 1/4 cup of liquid smoke.
- It’s 1-1/2 teaspoon of red wine vinegar.
- It’s 1-1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of bacon drippings.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion diced.
- You need 1/2 stick of butter.
Follow our complete, step-by-step, photo illustrated instructions to make one of the South's favorite side dishes. Southern Green Beans and Potatoes … Or as we call them “Beans and Taters.” … I may have been “born and raised” in the South, but I'm not much of a vegetable fan for reasons unknown. Grilled Pole Beans Recipe Sarah's Cucina Bella. beans, marinade. Garlic Pole Beans Southern Boy Dishes. pepper, salt, unsalted butter, garlic, beans.
Pole Beans with New Potatoes step by step
- Heat a deep pan add the bacon drippings chop the bacon and add..
- Wash the potatoes slice the potatoes..
- Wash, break, and remove the ends and any strings from beans.
- When the bacon is partially rendered like this..
- Add the beans and Potatoes.
- Stir coating everything. Cook for 10 minutes covered. Add garlic..
- Cover and cook 10 minutes more add the pink Himalayan salt. Add 1/2 cup water and cover..
- Dice the onion and add after it cooked 10 minutes more. Stir in well..
- Cook 15 minutes add the remaining water..
- Cook 20 minutes stirring occasionally add the butter and simmer 15 minutes, covered..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!!!!.
Stir in the cooked bacon, green beans, potatoes, garlic, and chicken broth. In a large pot, fill with enough water to just cover ham hocks and bring to a boil. Once the potatoes are cooked, give the whole pot a stir to mix the potatoes, beans and cooking liquid. You might need to sprinkle with a dash more salt and pepper depending on how many beans you cooked. You have 'Southern Green Beans with New Potatoes and Bacon”!