Cream of Mushroom Soup. Melt butter in large frying pan. Add in onions, garlic, and mushrooms. Add in the chicken broth and heat until slightly thickened while stirring frequently.
The sherry adds a nice flavor. It is also fairly easy to make. In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute mushrooms and onion until tender. You can have Cream of Mushroom Soup using 12 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cream of Mushroom Soup
- It’s 2 cups of porcini mushrooms.
- It’s 1 of shallot, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1.5 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of stock.
- It’s 3 oz of dry white wine or substitute.
- You need 4 cups of milk.
- You need Dash of thyme.
- Prepare Dash of parsley.
- You need Dash of black pepper.
- Prepare of Salt to taste.
Add the white wine and stir for another minute, scraping the bottom of the pot. Cream of Mushroom Soup is a dreamy creamy soup full of delicately flavored sauteed mushrooms and herbs. If you love the taste of cream of mushroom soup, but can stand the canned version, this is for you! This is a fancy, thick, rich, restaurant worthy soup you can whip up at home in no time.
Cream of Mushroom Soup instructions
- In a food processor combine shallot, garlic, and 1/2 of porcini mushrooms. On high heat, melt butter and sauté mushroom mixture. Add remaining chopped mushrooms. Dust with flour. Mix well. Add stock, wine, and milk. Bring soup to a boil and stir frequently until thicken. Season with thyme, parsley, pepper, and salt..
Add stock, mix again and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low-medium heat, season with salt, pepper and crumbled bouillon cubes. Reduce heat to low, stir in cream or half and half. Whisk in stock, cream, and milk and bring to a boil. Simmer, uncovered, until soup thickens to a. heavy cream kosher salt Freshly ground black pepper Directions In a large pot, melt butter.