Shredded Hawaiian Chicken – Crockpot Recipe. Hawaiian Shredded Chicken is the perfect blend of sweet and savory. It's flavorful, light, and a simple slow cooker meal. Follow the recipe and serve the chicken in a chard wrap—or feel free to serve it however you wish: on a bed of greens, on top of a sweet potato, or over cauliflower rice.
Carefully transfer the liquid from the crockpot to a medium saucepan. Whisk in the cornstarch slurry and bring to a boil over. Mix in the chopped red onion, if you didn't add it to the slow cooker. You can have Shredded Hawaiian Chicken – Crockpot Recipe using 24 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shredded Hawaiian Chicken – Crockpot Recipe
- You need 2 of lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 3 large breasts).
- You need 1 1/4 cup of pineapple juice.
- It’s 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of ketchup.
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of lime juice.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of liquid smoke.
- You need 1 tsp. of sriracha (use more for more spice).
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of honey.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of minced garlic.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of black ground pepper.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of ground ginger.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of smoked paprika.
- You need 1/4 cup of cold water.
- You need 1 tbsp. of cornstarch.
- You need of Suggested for serving :.
- You need of ·King's Hawaiian Burger Rolls.
- You need of ·Pineapple rings.
- It’s of or.
- Prepare of ·Jasmine or Basmati Rice OR Quinoa.
- Prepare of ·Sesamee Seeds.
- Prepare of ·Scallions.
- Prepare of ·Diced Onion.
Prepare preferred side dishes to go with the sandwiches. Serve Shredded Hawaiian Chicken Sandwiches with fruit or veggies and some chips. Make Hawaiian Chicken and Rice (as shown in these photos). Create a Hawaiian Chicken Salad by topping a fresh green salad with the Sweet Hawaiian Crock Pot Chicken.
Shredded Hawaiian Chicken – Crockpot Recipe instructions
- Start by trimming the fat off of the chicken breasts. Lightly grease the slow cooker and place the breasts down in the bottom..
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients EXCEPT for the cold water and cornstarch..
- Pour the pineapple mixture over the chicken breasts..
- Set the slow cooker to low for 6-7 hours (or high for 3-4) depending on how long you'd like to have it cooking..
- Once the cook time is up, take the chicken breasts out of the slow cooker and let them rest on a cutting board for about 5 minutes. The chicken should be very tender and falling apart. Then using 2 forks or your fingers, shred the chicken. Once shredded, set aside..
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the cold water and the cornstarch. Carefully transfer the liquid from the crockpot to a medium saucepan. Whisk in the cornstarch slurry and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened (should reach a syrupy consistency)… this will only take a few minutes..
- Toss the shredded chicken in the thickened pineapple sauce and stir to coat it all. Serve immediately. Refrigerate any leftovers..
- For serving, we used toasted King's Hawaiian Burger Rolls and topped with melted provolone cheese and pineapple rings. Then used whatever additional toppings we wanted (lettuce, tomatoes, onion, etc…)..
- This chicken is also pretty tasty served over rice or quinoa, sprinkled with diced pineapple, diced onions, sesamee seeds and scallions –>.
Add some diced fresh pineapple, sliced green onions, chow mein noodles, shredded coconut, chopped nuts, crumbled bacon, and diced celery for a flavorful and satisfying salad. Add pineapple juice mixture to the skillet with the butter, onion and flour. Place chicken in slow cooker and cover with sauce. Serve on sandwich rolls or as desired. Place all ingredients in the bowl of a slow cooker.