Steamed Bean Curd Roll. Roll the bean curd skin over the filling, then fold the sides to seal. Brush a little egg white on the edge to secure the roll. Shallow fry bean curd skin rolls in batches until golden.
I gave this a try this weekend. I couldn't find a recipe, so I created it from my head, remembering what it looks and tastes like at the restaurant. Let the steamed bean curd rolls cool slightly. You can cook Steamed Bean Curd Roll using 21 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Steamed Bean Curd Roll
- You need 4 of large bean curd sheets, rehydrated.
- Prepare 1 tsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sesame oil.
- It’s 4 oz of plant-based ground meat.
- It’s 2 tsp of fresh ginger root.
- You need 1 of rib celery, juilenned.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 3-4 of shiitaki mushrooms, rehydrated + thinly sliced.
- You need 3-4 of wood ear mushroom, rehydrated + juilenned.
- Prepare of Scallions (optional), sliced.
- It’s of Cooking oil.
- Prepare of Sauce.
- You need Dash of white pepper.
- It’s 2 tsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cooking wine.
- Prepare 1 tsp of bouillon.
- It’s 2 tsp of oyster sauce.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare Dash of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- It’s Dash of sesame oil.
The freshly cooked tofu skin can be served directly on the plate. If it is made in advance, it can be steamed after placing it on the plate and served with the sauce for dipping, or you can just pour the sauce on top. Bean curd rolls, also known as tofu skin roll or tofu roll, is a traditional dim sum dish. There are a number of cooking styles.
Steamed Bean Curd Roll instructions
- In a bowl mix meat, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic powder and ginger. Set side..
- In a sauce pan combine all sauce ingredients and simmer on medium until sauce thickens. Set aside..
- Scoop approximately 2 tbsp of meat mixture on to bean curd sheet. Add celery and mushrooms. Fold in sides and roll up tightly with filling inside. Sear roll for 3-4 mins. Place roll into oiled baking dish. Sprinkle scallions and drizzle sauce on top..
- Steam rolls for approximately 8 mins..
The fillings range from pork with vegetable, to fish or beef. The fried version is known as (腐皮捲, fu pei gyun). The first character “fu” comes from tofu, though a more accurate description is that the skin is made from the ingredient bean curd. Smooth and a little sweet with a mild soybean flavor, fresh bean curd skin is a delicacy. At dim sum houses, it's often stuffed with a mixture of ground pork with mushrooms and ginger, then bathed in a mild yet rich chicken-stock-based sauce.