Hamhock stringbeans and potatoes. If It's Outside, We're All In. Saute dice onions, red bell pepper, minced garlic until translucent boil your ham or ham shanks until tender use less salt when you use smoke pork, dice potatoes, I boil my string beans until tender add potatoes , add liquid smoke. In a large pot, fill with enough water to just cover ham hocks and bring to a boil.
Chop or shred meat, and return to slow cooker. The ham hock meat can cook as long as. Transfer ham hocks to a plate. You can have Hamhock stringbeans and potatoes using 11 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hamhock stringbeans and potatoes
- Prepare 2 lb of String Beans.
- Prepare 1 of Ham shanks or ham.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped onion.
- It’s 4 clove of minced garlic.
- You need 1/2 cup of red bell pepper dice.
- You need 3 of potatoes (dice).
- It’s 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of Lawyr's seasoning salt.
- You need 3 dash of Liquid smoke.
When ham hocks are cool enough to handle, pull meat off bones (discard bones), shred into bite-size pieces, and return to pot. Add green beans, and return to a simmer. Cover, and cook until beans are just tender. While potatoes are cooking, remove ham hocks from slow cooker, and remove meat from bones.
Hamhock stringbeans and potatoes step by step
- I use fresh string beans I pick the stems off wash well with cold water used a colander to drip of excess water slice them if you like. Saute dice onions, red bell pepper, minced garlic until translucent boil your ham or ham shanks until tender use less salt when you use smoke pork, dice potatoes, I boil my string beans until tender add potatoes , add liquid smoke. Add seasoings, simmer until done..
Chop or shred meat, and return to slow cooker. Season with garlic powder, onion powder, seasoning salt, bouillon, and pepper. Cook until potatoes are done, then adjust seasoning to taste. southern green beans with ham hocks and potatoes good as a meal or side hope you give it a try.happy cooking! #greenbeans #ham #potatoes Inquiries: donnaca. Wash beans, cut off ends and break in half. Add beans, salt, sugar, garlic, pepper and parsley to the ham hocks.