Sweet N Smoky BBQ Sauce. I've only just begun to try out BBQ sauce recipes. I'm from the western piedmont/foothills area of NC so I'm used to a smoky sweet red BBQ sauce. This recipe is a great place to start.
I created this sauce to accompany a pulled pork recipe I created from the ground up. I figured if the framework is self made, then we gotta top it off appropriately! No store bought bbq would do for the effort I put into my pork! You can cook Sweet N Smoky BBQ Sauce using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet N Smoky BBQ Sauce
- Prepare 2 cup of all natural ketchup (no high fructose corn syrup).
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of apple cider (not the vinegar).
- You need 2 tbsp of applewood liquid smoke.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 small of pinch cayenne pepper (add a little more if you like a little heat with your sweet).
Through the years the recipe has remained the same & now not only friends & family enjoy this sauce. Great for a dipping sauce or smother it on any meat you desire. Make a double batch and keep leftovers in the freezer for ease and convenience! This Sweet and Smoky BBQ Sauce is what dreams are made of.
Sweet N Smoky BBQ Sauce step by step
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sauce pan. If you have any clumps of brown sugar smash them with the back of your spoon against the sides of the sauce pan..
- Bring sauce to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium low and let simmer for 20 minutes uncovered to reduce and thicken, again stirring occasionally..
- Turn off heat and set pan aside to allow sauce to cool completely, it will get even thicker as it cools. Transfer to an air tight container and store in your fridge. Use on all your favorite bbq, but this sauce was created specifically for my pulled pork recipe. Yum! https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/368062-apple-cider-smoked-pork.
This was a good product and had a great flavor. You can't really beat the price either compared to some of the popular name brands. Sonney's Sweet N' Smokey BBQ Sauce. A milder version of our original sauce with extra smoke and sweetness. All sales are final on food items.