Crock Pot Honey Mustard Pulled BBQ Chicken. Whisk together remaining ingredients for sauce. Pour about ½ the sauce over the chicken in slow cooker. Season chicken breasts liberally with the seasoning salt.
When done remove chicken and allow to cool some. Crock Pot Honey Mustard Pulled BBQ Chicken step by step. Season chicken breasts liberally with the seasoning salt. You can cook Crock Pot Honey Mustard Pulled BBQ Chicken using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crock Pot Honey Mustard Pulled BBQ Chicken
- Prepare 3 lbs of bone in chicken breasts.
- It’s 1 of seasoning salt to taste (i use lawrys).
- You need 1 of medium yellow onion (medium dice).
- You need 1 of medium green bell pepper (medium dice).
- You need 2 clove of garlic (minced).
- It’s 1 cup of honey mustard bbq sauce (i use sweet baby rays).
- It’s 1/3 cup of bottled italian salad dressing (i use kraft zesty).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of packed dark brown sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of red hot sauce (i use franks).
- It’s 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of liquid smoke.
- You need 1 of favorite hamburger buns (toasted).
Place skin down in crock pot. Pour mixture over the chicken breasts. Mix together BBQ Sauce and Mustard. Pour the sauce mixture over the chicken thighs.
Crock Pot Honey Mustard Pulled BBQ Chicken instructions
- Season chicken breasts liberally with the seasoning salt. Place skin down in crock pot..
- Mix the remaining 10 ingredients together until well combined. Pour mixture over the chicken breasts..
- Cook chicken on high for approximately 2.5 -3 hours or until temperature reaches 165°F internally. When done remove chicken and allow to cool some..
- When cool enough to touch, shred chicken into bite size pieces. I simply use my hands to do this. Add shredded chicken back in the crock pot and cook on low heat for one hour. If you want a thicker sauce, a cornstarch slurry will thicken it more..
- We usually serve this burger style, but over rice is also good. You can use any cut of chicken you like. Chicken thighs are a great choice for this recipe and can stand up to longer cooking times. Boneless skinless chicken breast are not a very good choice for this recipe. They cook really fast. If they are over cooked, the best you can do is just cut them into bite size pieces. So be sure to adjust your cooking time to much less. Enjoy..
Transfer the chicken to a serving dish and garnish with cilantro or fresh thyme leaves, if using. Pour mixture into large slow cooker. Add chicken thighs to slow cooker and toss with sauce. Add chicken and turn to coat. Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper as desired.